OK, the title “NOTHING Makes You Feel Better than a BODY PUMP™ Workout” may’ve been a tiny bit misleading – because I can actually think of one thing that feels better… But the feeling you have after you’ve lifted weights for an hour in a BODY PUMP™ class and worked all your major muscles is simply incredible.
It shapes and tones your muscles using low weights and high repetitions. In fact, during a 60-minute class, you do about 800 reps of various exercises!
I’ve done BODY PUMP™ once a week for about eight years now — since the classes were first offered at my health club — and still love the way it makes me feel.
After a session, all muscles have been worked hard, and you’ve cooled down and done some relaxing stretching…. it’s a real high. (I admit, though, on days when I’m not feeling as strong as usual, I occasionally think during class, “How much longer?” — but not very often!)
If you haven’t taken a class and have the opportunity, give it a try. It’s addicting.
To read posts about my other athletic activities, see:
- Polga (Yoga and Pole Dancing) Awesomeness
- Exotic Chair Dancing: Not Your Grandma’s Exercise Routine
- Aerial Yoga: A Fun and Uplifting Experience
- Dragon Boating: A Unique and Fun Team Sport
- Ping Pong: Not Ready for the Olympics
- How to Add a Low-Cost Reading Rack to Your Treadmill to Make Walking More Fun
- Sports and Hobbies: How Many Can You Squeeze into a Lifetime? 79 So Far…
- Zumba is Exhilarating
- Stand up Computer Desks: Take a Load Off your Seat
- Take a Load Off Your Seat #2: Adjustable Stand-up and DIY Cycling Desks
- Confessions of an Adult Learning to Swim
- How to Add a Reading Rack to a Treadmill
- Fitness Fun with FitBit
- Fitbit Fun — 10 Months Later
- Don’t Lose Your Fitbit! A Fabulous Fitbit Accessory to Keep the Clasp from Opening
- Fitbit Charge Review (New Product to Replace Fitbit Force)
- Stand-up Paddleboarding: Testing the Water
- Do-it-Yourself Cooling Towels for Summer’s Hottest Days
- Regal Princess Review: Top 20 Amenities