I’m able to telework on my job and haven’t done it much to this point since I was afraid of missing something exciting in the workplace. Once I started working a day a week at home, though, I couldn’t get enough!
You can log in to the work network, access your files, read and answer emails, and perform work just like you were sitting at your desk. It’s amazing.
Here are the top 10 reasons to love teleworking:
1. Get to wear jammies and bunny slippers, or a sweatshirt and sweat pants. Total comfort.
2. No need to fix your hair or put on makeup.
3. Peace and quiet. No interruptions.
4. Great if you have a service person coming and need to be home to let him/her in.
5. Allows you to throw in a load of laundry on a break or rake the yard at lunchtime. The ultimate multi-tasking.
6. Lets you set up your laptop someplace with a comfy chair and a great view. Even outside.
7. Increases flexibility. Pick the hours you work. Noon to nine? As long as you get in the required number, you’re set.
8. Increases productivity.
9. Saves money on gas, tolls, lunch and snacks — and reduces wear and tear on your car.
10. Reduces stress and restores balance.
And last, but not least, teleworking is a morale booster. It’s something work-related to look forward to — and it makes you feel better about your job.
What do you like about teleworking?
*** Other work-related posts: