Everyone has sounds that drive them crazy. Here are the noises that send me over the edge:
1) Sniffling/Snorting (instead of blowing your nose). In my experience, men do this way more than women do (maybe because they don’t carry Kleenexes?) and it drives me INSANE to hear it!
2) Fingernails scratching on a chalkboard (guess that’s a carry back from elementary school).
3) Men expelling phlegm by spitting on the street (ewwwww) – known as “hocking a loogie” back in my hometown. Ick. It’s definitely a social unacceptable practice!
4) Silence — when store clerks should thank you for doing business after you complete the transaction, and they say nothing.
5) Incessant dog barking — especially when you’re in your house trying to relax and can still hear it. (I once had neighbors who let two yappy dogs bark out in the yard nonstop all evening for five nights in a row. OMG. Could barely resist grabbing them — the neighbors — not the dogs, by the throat when I finally went over to ask them to keep the dogs inside.)
What are the most annoying sounds in your world?
Other related blog posts:
Cars that Crack Me Up
Subscribe to Blog via Email