The beginning of July wasn’t super-exciting, but it got more interesting in the second half — at the beginning of my “vacation season!”
Got to meet two women whose blogs I read and like — in real life — and talk to them. That was fun.
It was an outstanding conference and a great experience! (But I’m glad to be back in peaceful, quiet South Carolina instead of the big city with the traffic and noise.)
2) Loved the aerial yoga class I took! It was very different, and it made me feel like I was in the circus.
3) Am getting prepared for a European cruise with a fun-loving friend, and it should be amazing. Seven days off work will also be great.
4) My son had a couple of really cool accomplishments in grad school. (Am always a proud mom!)
5) I went to my friend Joy’s house for a day of thrift store shopping and she said she was so excited to go that she’d be waiting for me when I got there. I thought she was just kidding, but when I got to her house at 10:03, she was sitting in the driver’s seat of her car, facing out of the driveway, with the motor running — and all I had to do was hop in!
6) Bought 5 tops and one summer skirt at department stores (real stores — not thrift stores!) for an average of $12 each at great July 4th sales — and each item had originally been about $36. Many items were marked down 50 percent, then 50 percent off that price. And when I asked the clerk if she had any coupons, she gave me one for another $10 off the discount prices!
7) We’re kind of getting into the obscure highs here — but I read on Pinterest how to clean the inside of your oven door (mine looked awful and it always bugged me; had no idea you could clean it and how the food got there was a mystery to me). Got out a metal skewer, wrapped fabric around it, reached up from underneath into a slot (who knew it was there?) and cleaned the door to make it look a lot better!
1) Can’t really think of any!
Hope you had a good month!
Subscribe to Blog via Email