February flew by!
1) Had my very first Uber experience. It was quick and easy, although I learned a few things the hard way!
2) The house next door (where the neighbors from hell previously lived for about eight years) is for sale – yay! My fingers are crossed to get some nice people like in the houses on all the other sides of me.
3) My Uber blog post was featured on BlogHer — a famous blog (that sponsored the blog conference I went to in 2015). Hadn’t had a post featured there since 2014 (my first year of blogging) so that was a picker-upper.
4) Took a road trip to visit my sister, brother-in-law and parents out of state over the President’s Day holiday. Added an extra day for a nice four-day weekend.
5) My blog hit the 150,000 hit mark (total, since the beginning in May 2014) — and that was cool.
6) Signed up for Elite Blogging Academy (sounds impressive, doesn’t it?) — a well-known and well-respected online blogging course. It’s supposed to “take your blog to the next level.” We’ll see! It’s a lot of work, though, and I feel like I’m back in college.
7) My 2016 declutter-one-area-a-week-for-a-year project continues, and I already feel less stressed every time I drive in the garage– and open the pantry or linen closet doors!
1) Got a crazy number of political phone messages — from 10 to 13 every day before the South Carolina primaries. But it’s over now!
2) Lost my key ring with house, car and work keys — and found it an hour later in the kitchen trash can (after pulling every single thing out of the recycling bin out at the street in the rain and discovering it wasn’t there…).
3) Came home from work one night and saw a dozen red roses in a vase sitting on the porch by my front door. Dashed over to look at them — and discovered they were for the woman at my street number on the next block over.
4) Not having luck in online dating. Was corresponding with one man who responded, when I asked what kind of outdoor activities he liked, “Well, I’m still married. Outdoor activities wouldn’t be good.” Then he went on to say how smart and beautiful I was, as if I’d just gloss over the married part… Then another guy write me a message that said, “Let’s rock the bed.” !!! :0
These things are just minor annoyances, right? It’s all good.
Here’s looking forward to March — and springtime. 🙂
Related blog posts: