I’ve always loved clothes, and have had a lot of favorites during different phases of my life, but here’s what immediately popped into mind as my current favorite, totally “me” piece of clothing.
I’ve lovin’ NYDJ straight-leg pants that I bought last year. What makes them “me”?
- They have a wide stretchable waist — enough to be comfortable (OK – and maybe a little nerdy), but it doesn’t look all gathered and totally uncool like granny “slacks.” Besides, my shirts cover it.
- The pants have straight legs – my absolute favorite. Not sure why, but the slim cut makes me feel youthful. Also love to wear a long shirt and jeggings — (which is probably a sin for anyone over 30) to relax in, and have definitely sworn off ever wearing wide-legged pants again.
- They’re basic black. Doesn’t every woman wear black pants to look as slim as possible? Plus, it goes with everything.
- The fabric contains some lycra, so you it fits really well.
- The pants don’t stretch out of shape, either, because the fabric is pretty heavy — and a lot of other pants stretch and bag in the rear end and knees after wearing them a while.
- They’re conservative, not “look at me” attention-seeking wild in any way, but fashionable enough (at least, I think so!)
- Last, and maybe most important of all, this pair of pants was the world’s best bargain ($5.99 at a thrift store instead of the $110+ retail price on the NYDJ website!) I love NYDJ jeans and am always thrilled to buy clothes at a great price!
What clothes are totally “you”?
Related blog posts: