Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- See Unlimited Movies at the Theater for $10 a Month with Movie Pass
- 29 Unique and Interesting Library Activities: Way More than Books
- How to Use Uber Without a Smart Phone and Use Uber with Vision Loss and Other Disabilities
- Eyebrow Threading Experience: Give It a Try
- A Beautiful Adventure at Bulls Island, SC
Most Popular Posts
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- 25 Adult Advent Calendar Gift Ideas
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- 10 Best Life Hacks of 2016
- Three Good Things -- a New Twist on a Gratitude Journal
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- 70 Unique Adult Stocking Stuffer Ideas
- 20 Things You Can Do with Amazon Echo, the Cool Digital Assistant and Music Player
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Search Results for: thunder and lightning
Years ago, I met a man from an online dating site at a fast-food restaurant for a Coke. It turned out to be me listening to an hour-and-a-half monologue. (That happens a lot and I’m too mannerly — or dumb … Continue reading
Years ago, I corresponded with a local doctor I met online. That sounds promising, right? To check him out before meeting, I asked a friend who worked at the medical university where the doc graduated to see if she could find … Continue reading
Everyone does dumb things, right? Over the years, I’ve learned lessons the hard way from these harmful household experiences. 1) Not cleaning the bottom of the stove right after a lot of food ran over the edge of the baking … Continue reading
Here’s a recap of the good, bad and ugly things that’ve happened in my life during July: GOOD 1) My son, his wife and their adorable dog (isn’t he the cutest puppy ever?) came to visit for a nice, long … Continue reading
I had carpal tunnel surgery yesterday and haven’t perfected typing with one hand… so, take a look at these goofy photos and write-ups captured from online dating sites at BuzzFeed. They’ll crack you up! And if you’re married, they’ll make … Continue reading
Ever hear the saying “No good deed goes unpunished”? I didn’t understand what it meant til I was in my 40s, but that’s when I discovered that doing things out of the goodness of your heart to help someone doesn’t … Continue reading
The days and weeks after a divorce, separation or breakup with a long-time lover can be filled with sadness.
Online dating for women over 50 is, unfortunately, a mine field because scam artists abound.
Every time I write a blog post about embarrassing mistakes I’ve made, I think I’ve captured them all. But no, somehow there are always more…
Two extremely dumb things happened to me this month.