Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Second Women’s Kayaking and Hiking Weekend in Brevard: Wonderful Except for the Near-Death Experience
- Beware of Thin-Soled Sandals: What to Do When You Get Blisters on the Balls of Your Feet
- Amazon Echo Look: The Follow-Up to Amazon Echo and Amazon Dot
- South American Souvenirs
- Weird Vacation Incidents on My South America Cruise
Most Popular Posts
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Twenty of the Best Bargains of My Life
- Compliment Event Fundraiser: Make Money and Boost Morale
- 7 Things You May Not Know about Fitbit
- Why I ♥ Yard Sales
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Thrift Store Treasures: What I Did NOT Buy
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Author Archives: blogqueendiane
Second Women’s Kayaking and Hiking Weekend in Brevard: Wonderful Except for the Near-Death Experience
Recently came back from a second women’s kayaking and hiking weekend in Brevard, North Carolina, and it was great — except for the near-death experience…
If you own and use an Amazon Echo or an Amazon Dot like I do, you’re probably pretty impressed with the things Alexa can do. And now Amazon is introducing a follow-up product that sounds intriguing.
South American souvenirs are different from things you’d pick up in the Caribbean islands or in Europe.
Whenever I travel with Merry Ellen, we have weird experiences (“adventures” as we like to call them).
If you occasionally have a bad day and want to take off for the “end of the earth,” Ushuaia, Argentina, is the place for you. It’s the last city on the southernmost tip of the South American continent, followed only … Continue reading
The Know-It-All was so good! It’s the quirky-but-true story of A.J. Jacobs, a 35ish New York City magazine editor who undertakes a one-year odyssey to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica so he can become the “smartest person in the world.”
Many stores have occasional sales, but these three stores are unique because they give you 5 percent off the purchase price of everything you buy every day.
Before my South America cruise, I’d never heard of the Falkland Islands — a remote group of 700+ islands off the tip of South America — but a day exploring Stanley, the capital on the largest island, was really fun.