Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Most Popular Posts
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Online Dating Horror Story #7: You Live WHERE?
- Compliment Event Fundraiser: Make Money and Boost Morale
- South America Cruise: A Day in the Falkland Islands
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Fitbit Fun -- Ten Months Later
- Making New Friends as an Empty Nester Can Be Awkward
- Finding Female Friends Online: Don't Laugh -- it Works!
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: amazon echo
Have an Amazon Echo? Have a Fitbit fitness tracker? Now you can set them up to “talk” to each other. One of the most recent tricks Alexa (the Siri-like speaker on the Amazon Echo digital assistant) can do is give … Continue reading
It’s just a slim black cylinder, but — oh, the things the Amazon Echo can do! I own one and love it! The Echo is a very cool gift for anyone – from grammar schooler to nonagenarian. It’s fun — … Continue reading
The Amazon Echo is an amazing personal assistant and music player. Simply plug the slim black cylinder into a wall socket, and it runs on your wireless Internet. The things it can do are mind-boggling! I’ve had one for about … Continue reading
What a blessing to celebrate a 90th birthday! When a friend or relative reaches the big 9 – 0, here are some party and gift ideas for the special day:
January was unique this year! I celebrated Christmas and entered the 21st century. Here’s a recap. Good things 1) My family celebrated Christmas at my house starting Jan. 1 for a week. We’d never done Christmas in January before, but … Continue reading
In early November 2014, I wrote a blog post after reading about the cool new Amazon Echo digital household assistant, raving about what a great Christmas gift it would be. Well… that didn’t work out because you had to be “invited” … Continue reading