Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Workplace Solution: A Foolproof Way to Remember CAC or ID Badge
- Brrrr: How To Stay Warm at Work in the Winter
- Bid on Room Upgrades on Norwegian Cruise Line; You Might Win Big
- 20 Things I Learned in My First Month of Caring for Elderly Parents
- Watch What You Ask For: Sleeping Overnight in an Airport is NOT Glamorous or Fun
Most Popular Posts
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Compliment Event Fundraiser: Make Money and Boost Morale
- 9 MORE Super Fun Fundraising Ideas to Raise Big Bucks
- Regal Princess Review: Top 20 Amenities
- Three Good Things -- a New Twist on a Gratitude Journal
- 7 Things You May Not Know about Fitbit
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: cruising
Whenever I travel with Merry Ellen, we have weird experiences (“adventures” as we like to call them).
If you occasionally have a bad day and want to take off for the “end of the earth,” Ushuaia, Argentina, is the place for you. It’s the last city on the southernmost tip of the South American continent, followed only … Continue reading
Before my South America cruise, I’d never heard of the Falkland Islands — a remote group of 700+ islands off the tip of South America — but a day exploring Stanley, the capital on the largest island, was really fun.
If you’re like me, you’ve never heard of Punta Del Este, Uruguay. (It’s very close to Buenos Aires, Argentina.) I went there on a cruise around South America, and discovered it’s a very cool place. Here’s my story:
Took a once-in-a-lifetime 14-night cruise around South America on the Crown Princess — and it was fabulous! Here’s a review of the ship:
I’m scheduled to take a trip-of-a-lifetime cruise this year and am intent on finding inexpensive ways to learn a foreign language before I go. My goal is to learn as much Spanish as possible beforehand sailing around South America – … Continue reading
They say traveling is an adventure, and that’s definitely true. These weird solo travel experiences occurred on a recent cruise to the Mediterranean.
There’s apparently some jinx preventing my suitcase and me from traveling to Europe together…
Cruising is awesome — and, in my opinion, cruises are better than land vacations any day. Here’s why:
After taking a shore excursion along the Amalfi Coast while docked at Naples, Italy, during a Mediterranean cruise, I decided that one of my new favorite locations in the world is the island of Capri.