Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Second Women’s Kayaking and Hiking Weekend in Brevard: Wonderful Except for the Near-Death Experience
- Beware of Thin-Soled Sandals: What to Do When You Get Blisters on the Balls of Your Feet
- Amazon Echo Look: The Follow-Up to Amazon Echo and Amazon Dot
- South American Souvenirs
- Weird Vacation Incidents on My South America Cruise
Most Popular Posts
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Twenty of the Best Bargains of My Life
- Compliment Event Fundraiser: Make Money and Boost Morale
- 7 Things You May Not Know about Fitbit
- Why I ♥ Yard Sales
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Thrift Store Treasures: What I Did NOT Buy
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: cruising
Whenever I travel with Merry Ellen, we have weird experiences (“adventures” as we like to call them).
If you occasionally have a bad day and want to take off for the “end of the earth,” Ushuaia, Argentina, is the place for you. It’s the last city on the southernmost tip of the South American continent, followed only … Continue reading
Before my South America cruise, I’d never heard of the Falkland Islands — a remote group of 700+ islands off the tip of South America — but a day exploring Stanley, the capital on the largest island, was really fun.
Took a once-in-a-lifetime 14-night cruise around South America on the Crown Princess — and it was fabulous! Here’s a review of the ship:
I’m scheduled to take a trip-of-a-lifetime cruise this year and am intent on finding inexpensive ways to learn a foreign language before I go. My goal is to learn as much Spanish as possible beforehand sailing around South America – … Continue reading
They say traveling is an adventure, and that’s definitely true. These weird solo travel experiences occurred on a recent cruise to the Mediterranean.
There’s apparently some jinx preventing my suitcase and me from traveling to Europe together…
Cruising is awesome — and, in my opinion, cruises are better than land vacations any day. Here’s why:
After taking a shore excursion along the Amalfi Coast while docked at Naples, Italy, during a Mediterranean cruise, I decided that one of my new favorite locations in the world is the island of Capri.
If you’re like me, you may have vaguely heard of Malta but don’t really know where it is or much about it. That’s why it was fun to spend a day there on a Mediterranean cruise to Malta!