Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Second Women’s Kayaking and Hiking Weekend in Brevard: Wonderful Except for the Near-Death Experience
- Beware of Thin-Soled Sandals: What to Do When You Get Blisters on the Balls of Your Feet
- Amazon Echo Look: The Follow-Up to Amazon Echo and Amazon Dot
- South American Souvenirs
- Weird Vacation Incidents on My South America Cruise
Most Popular Posts
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Second Women's Kayaking and Hiking Weekend in Brevard: Wonderful Except for the Near-Death Experience
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Compliment Event Fundraiser: Make Money and Boost Morale
- Move Without Breaking a Sweat: An Insanely Helpful Moving Tip
- All Blog Posts to Date
- Alexa's Cool New Feature: Get Fitbit Stats on Amazon Echo
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: friends
Ever since I moved South, have wanted to “go to the mountains” in the fall like so many other Southerners do. This year I finally did — and had a fabulous time.
Nobody ever told me that once you pass 50, a lot of your best friends get super-busy and it’s almost impossible to get together.
The next time you’re sitting around with family and friends, pull up this website for an entertaining activity and a great conversation starter. It’s fun and it doesn’t cost a cent!
A great way to record precious memories and capture the best of December is to create a December Daily scrapbook. You can set up album pages with background paper in November and create a tentative list of some of the … Continue reading
Isn’t it amazing sometimes how people you know show up in the strangest places? Here are some examples: 1) Years ago, we got a new minister at church; he seemed to have a great sense of humor and he introduced … Continue reading
Here’s a recap of the good, bad and weird things that happened during August: Good 1) Bought a new car – after 11 years! (You’ll hear more about that – the car’s very nice but the car-buying experience was unbelievable.) … Continue reading
In my family, we rip or clip newspaper or magazine articles of potential interest and mail them to each other to show we’re thinking of the other person and that we care. My mom and dad have been sending me … Continue reading
Wasn’t it Glinda the Good Witch in The Wizard of Oz who said, “Dorothy, use your power for good, not evil?” Blogs have power, and they’re the ideal place to inspire readers and lift them up. Blogs give you an … Continue reading
My full-time job involves running a corporate communications blog that provides work-related information to employees around the world, and I enjoy it. But writing a personal blog is a lot more entertaining! The reasons I enjoy personal blogging are: 1) … Continue reading