Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- See Unlimited Movies at the Theater for $10 a Month with Movie Pass
- 29 Unique and Interesting Library Activities: Way More than Books
- How to Use Uber Without a Smart Phone and Use Uber with Vision Loss and Other Disabilities
- Eyebrow Threading Experience: Give It a Try
- A Beautiful Adventure at Bulls Island, SC
Most Popular Posts
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- 10 Best Life Hacks of 2016
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- 25 Adult Advent Calendar Gift Ideas
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Three Good Things -- a New Twist on a Gratitude Journal
- Celebrity Equinox Review: 14 Cool Features
- What to Pack When You Evacuate
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: miscellaneous
Libraries have really evolved! They’re no longer austere public buildings filled with rows upon rows of books and librarians who whisper “Shhh!” Today’s libraries are community centers that offer unique and interesting programs and services for every member of the … Continue reading
A member of my family, J, is legally blind and can’t drive. She can’t call an Uber or Lyft driver to get around, either, because driver services require passengers to use a smart phone to schedule rides and contact the … Continue reading
Visiting Bulls Island — a pristine, unspoiled island in the Charleston, S.C. area — is an amazing way to spend a day and an adventure you won’t forget. It’s a great place for walking, sunbathing, collecting shells, photography and visiting the … Continue reading
If you’re looking for a team-building event or a fun fundraising event that costs nothing to put on and is a blast for both children and adults, try a Tall Tower contest. I’ve done it with adults in a work … Continue reading
The 2017 Great American Eclipse is a great opportunity for a party. For eclipse-y food, costumes and supplies, head to Target for some great ideas. (This is not a sponsored post; I just love Target!)
If you want to raise funds for a charitable cause, employee services association at work, or any other reason, sometimes it’s hard to hit on a winning idea. Here are 9 MORE Super Fun Fundraising Ideas to supplement my original … Continue reading
A container garden contest and silent auction is a unique and fun fundraiser that can produce big results; I coordinated this event in my workplace at a government agency and it was an incredible hit.
If you own and use an Amazon Echo or an Amazon Dot like I do, you’re probably pretty impressed with the things Alexa can do. And now Amazon is introducing a follow-up product that sounds intriguing.
The Know-It-All was so good! It’s the quirky-but-true story of A.J. Jacobs, a 35ish New York City magazine editor who undertakes a one-year odyssey to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica so he can become the “smartest person in the world.”
Always made me return the shopping cart to the store. She said only lazy people left them in the parking lot (horrors).