Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- See Unlimited Movies at the Theater for $10 a Month with Movie Pass
- 29 Unique and Interesting Library Activities: Way More than Books
- How to Use Uber Without a Smart Phone and Use Uber with Vision Loss and Other Disabilities
- Eyebrow Threading Experience: Give It a Try
- A Beautiful Adventure at Bulls Island, SC
Most Popular Posts
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Three Good Things -- a New Twist on a Gratitude Journal
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- 25 Adult Advent Calendar Gift Ideas
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- 10 Best Life Hacks of 2016
- Celebrity Equinox Review: 14 Cool Features
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: travel
Visiting Bulls Island — a pristine, unspoiled island in the Charleston, S.C. area — is an amazing way to spend a day and an adventure you won’t forget. It’s a great place for walking, sunbathing, collecting shells, photography and visiting the … Continue reading
Second Women’s Kayaking and Hiking Weekend in Brevard: Wonderful Except for the Near-Death Experience
Recently came back from a second women’s kayaking and hiking weekend in Brevard, North Carolina, and it was great — except for the near-death experience…
South American souvenirs are different from things you’d pick up in the Caribbean islands or in Europe.
Whenever I travel with Merry Ellen, we have weird experiences (“adventures” as we like to call them).
If you occasionally have a bad day and want to take off for the “end of the earth,” Ushuaia, Argentina, is the place for you. It’s the last city on the southernmost tip of the South American continent, followed only … Continue reading
Before my South America cruise, I’d never heard of the Falkland Islands — a remote group of 700+ islands off the tip of South America — but a day exploring Stanley, the capital on the largest island, was really fun.
Visiting a penguin rookery is an amazing adventure!
If you’re like me, you’ve never heard of Punta Del Este, Uruguay. (It’s very close to Buenos Aires, Argentina.) I went there on a cruise around South America, and discovered it’s a very cool place. Here’s my story:
When we arrived in South America, we took a bus from the airport to the cruise ship docked in the terminal in Buenos Aires to begin our adventure.
Took a once-in-a-lifetime 14-night cruise around South America on the Crown Princess — and it was fabulous! Here’s a review of the ship: