Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Decluttering and Organizing the Refrigerator: An Amazing Transformation
- 16 Helpful Tips for a Broken Leg, Broken Foot or Broken Ankle
- Thrift Store Treasures #9 — Great Bargain Finds
- Fitbit Charge 2 Review: Vastly Superior to Fitbit Charge HR
- Second Women’s Kayaking and Hiking Weekend in Brevard: Wonderful Except for the Near-Death Experience
Most Popular Posts
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Making New Friends as an Empty Nester Can Be Awkward
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Meetup Groups: A Great Way to Pursue Hobbies and Meet New People
- Finding Female Friends Online: Don't Laugh -- it Works!
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Twenty of the Best Bargains of My Life
- Regal Princess Review: Top 20 Amenities
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Tag Archives: cruising
Whenever I travel with Merry Ellen, we have weird experiences (“adventures” as we like to call them).
Before my South America cruise, I’d never heard of the Falkland Islands — a remote group of 700+ islands off the tip of South America — but a day exploring Stanley, the capital on the largest island, was really fun.
When we arrived in South America, we took a bus from the airport to the cruise ship docked in the terminal in Buenos Aires to begin our adventure.
Cruising is awesome — and, in my opinion, cruises are better than land vacations any day. Here’s why:
After taking a shore excursion along the Amalfi Coast while docked at Naples, Italy, during a Mediterranean cruise, I decided that one of my new favorite locations in the world is the island of Capri.
If you’re like me, you may have vaguely heard of Malta but don’t really know where it is or much about it. That’s why it was fun to spend a day there on a Mediterranean cruise to Malta!
If you’re frugal all year long (like me) so you can indulge in a cruise or two, you want to be sure your hard-earned cash goes as far as possible! Here are some suggestions to save money on cruises:
If you’re up for a tour of Western Europe from a lovely, floating hotel, try a 10-night Mediterranean cruise like I took — to Palma de Majorca, Corsica, Malta, Sicily, Naples, Rome, Florence and Pisa. It was wonderful! Before signing … Continue reading
Just came back from a 10-night solo cruise to the Mediterranean on the Celebrity Equinox — and it was great. This ship, which holds about 2,800 passengers, is comfortable and lovely.
Mediterranean Cruise: A Day in Santorini, Greece, Climbing a Volcano and Exploring a Mountaintop Village
When the ship dropped anchor in the Aegean Sea off the island of Santorini on the fourth day of our Mediterranean cruise, we had a fantastic view of charming white-washed buildings on the mountain top — and the surrounding deep … Continue reading