When the heat index is 110, and the first breath of fresh air in the morning makes you gasp and feel like you stepped into a 400 degree oven — it’s time to pull out all the stops in dressing for sizzling weather.
Here are some tips I’ve picked up while living in the steamy South:
1) Don’t wear hose. Ever. For any reason. Use skin bronzer instead and your legs will look tan and healthy.
2) Wear skirts instead of pants (cool air flow).
3) Cut your hair shorter or pin it up.
4) Wear sleeveless tops. Even if you don’t have Michelle Obama upper arms, go for comfort. (You can always cover up with a cardigan or blazer inside air-conditioned buildings.)
5) Avoid tight clothing.
6) Cut the sleeves off some year-around blazers, hem them and convert them to short-sleeved summer jackets. You look like a professional and keep your cool at the same time.
7) Make a batch of cooling towels and use them while exercising, gardening, mowing the grass and doing other outdoor activities (or revive yourself with them when you return to the air conditioned house!)
8) Carry a small, dry washcloth in your pocket or purse to dab your face or neck when you “glow.”
9) And last, but not least, set a snowy screensaver scene on your computer and gaze at it often!
Related blog posts:
- Do-it-Yourself Cooling Towels for Summer’s Hottest Days
- Best Purchase of the Year: Flylady Water Bottle
- Summer “Keep Calm” Message and Ways to Beat the Heat
- What Makes Summer Sweet
- Best Summer Camp Ever
Great tips! Thanks for sharing
Fatima recently posted…The MUST HAVE Guide to Maximize Your Student Discount!
Great list! I agree, the cooler the better. Don’t we wish we all had Michelle Obama arms! Cheers.
Jen Penas ~The Cocktail Lady recently posted…Chocolate Raspberry Cinnamon Cake
Great tips! We watched frozen this weekend to cool off! 🙂
Paris at My Big Fat Happy Life recently posted…How to Make Marshmallow Playdough
I’ve been having a hard time dressing this summer because although it’s seriously HOT outside, my office is freezing!
Great tips though 🙂
GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth recently posted…WIAW: Healthy Recipes I need to Make Again
These are some fantastic tips. I live in the mountains so I don’t have to worry about too much heat that often, thankfully. But if I ever do, I know who to turn to for tips! 😉
Mary recently posted…It’s All in the Details
Pingback: Summer "Keep Calm" Message and Ways to Beat the HeatThoughts, Tips and Tales
Pingback: Best Purchase of the Year - Flylady Water BottleThoughts, Tips and Tales