If you have a work-related charity drive and want to sponsor activities to raise funds, improve morale and entertain employees, here are some ideas. We’ve held these events where I work, and I volunteered to run most of them. They were all fun!
- **NEW – BONUS** Super-Fun Eclipse Fundraiser; see details
- **NEW** Compliment Event. Give people genuine compliments for $1, or have compliments delivered to co-workers/students/teachers for $2. Everyone loves this event! See Super Fun Fundraising Compliment Event.
- Paper Airplane Contest – for accuracy. Make and fly paper planes from the second story of a building to try to land them on the company’s logo on a big drawing of an object below (we used an aircraft carrier). All planes must be constructed from standard 8 1/2 x 11 copy paper, with no added parts. $1 per plane entry fee.
- Ping Pong Ball Toss. Write names on ping pong balls (buy one for $1) and toss them over the edge of a 2nd floor balcony into a kiddie pool filled with water– with a bucket inside it — with a cup inside the bucket — to try to land the ball in the cup. (You can buy a gross of ping pong balls for this on Ebay for $9.01 including shipping.)
- Golf Chipping Contest. Chip golf balls from a grass-like mat into a bucket weighted with water. See who can get the most “holes in one” in ten chips.
- Paper Plane Distance Contest. See who can throw their plane the furthest from the starting point.
- Golf Putting Contest. Set up a putting green, give person a supply of golf balls and see how many balls they can putt into the cup in one minute.
- Football Toss. Pass footballs into the middle of a tire for 30 seconds to determine who gets the most through.
- Basketball Free Throw Contest. See how many hoops contestants can make from the free throw line. Provide them with a hodgepodge of basketballs, rubber balls, volley balls…all kinds of balls.
- Corn Hole Contest. Hold a team tournament.
- Ping Pong Open Play. Charge $5 a table for half an hour of open play over a period of a month or so, on one or more tables.
- Ping Pong Tournament. Hold a tournament after several weeks of open play, which lets participants hone their skills and get interested in competing.
- Pet Contest. Submit photos of your pet or a friend or family member’s pet. Employees vote for cutest pet, funniest pet and best-dressed pet. Label the pets by only their names (Fluffy, Fido, etc.) and display the photos; after the voting, reveal which humans belong to each pet.
- Used Book Sale. Ask employees to donate unneeded adult books, children’s books, magazines less than three years old, CDs and DVDs for resale. Price the books at $1 for soft covers and $2 for hardbacks.
- Theme Baskets. Ask each department or group to assemble a basket with a theme — for example, movie night or chocolate goodies. Photograph the baskets, list the contents and publicize them. Then sell coupons for $1 and have employees write their names on them and deposit them in a jar next to the baskets they like best. Pick a winning coupon for each basket.
- Dunk Tank. Rent a dunk tank and ask senior leaders to take a half hour turn being dunked. Employees pay to try to dunk them by throwing a baseball at a target.
- **NEW** Donald Trump Impersonator Contest. See Super Fun Fundraising Idea Inspired by “The Donald”
Related blog posts:
Subscribe to Blog via Email