Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- First Acupuncture Experience: It Didn’t Hurt
- Buy Unassembled Furniture and Pay Someone to Assemble the Furniture via Handy.com
- Major Elder Care Challenge: Accompanying Hearing-Impaired Parents to Medical Appointments
- Big Talk Meetup Group: Great Opportunity to Discuss Deep Subjects
- 19 Ways to Reduce Anxiety
Most Popular Posts
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Bid on Room Upgrades on Norwegian Cruise Line; You Might Win Big
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- Traveling Solo: Why I Love Princess Cruise Lines
- 16 Helpful Tips for a Broken Leg, Broken Foot or Broken Ankle
- Compliment Event Fundraiser: Make Money and Boost Morale
- 25 Adult Advent Calendar Gift Ideas
- Confessions of an Adult Learning to Swim
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: saving money
Love going to the movies but you’re reluctant to pay theater prices and just wait til the movies are on DVD? Now you can see unlimited movies — the latest releases — for just $10 a month with Movie Pass.
If you’re looking for a team-building event or a fun fundraising event that costs nothing to put on and is a blast for both children and adults, try a Tall Tower contest. I’ve done it with adults in a work … Continue reading
My most recent thrift store treasures include a lot of fun casual tops and a cute shower curtain.
The 2017 Great American Eclipse is a great opportunity for a party. For eclipse-y food, costumes and supplies, head to Target for some great ideas. (This is not a sponsored post; I just love Target!)
When staying at hotels while traveling, getting a good room depends a little on luck, but typically, I’ve found that with hotel rooms you get what you pay for. This was driven home by a recent experience at the hotel … Continue reading
If you want to raise funds for a charitable cause, employee services association at work, or any other reason, sometimes it’s hard to hit on a winning idea. Here are 9 MORE Super Fun Fundraising Ideas to supplement my original … Continue reading
Who would have ever thought that a natural phenomenon would be the source of so many super-fun fundraising possibilities…? And the opportunity for an eclipse fundraiser doesn’t come along very often, either!
A container garden contest and silent auction is a unique and fun fundraiser that can produce big results; I coordinated this event in my workplace at a government agency and it was an incredible hit.
The pace of my thrift store shopping has slowed a little, but my excitement about thrift store treasures will never diminish!
Many stores have occasional sales, but these three stores are unique because they give you 5 percent off the purchase price of everything you buy every day.