I’m able to telework on my job and haven’t done it much to this point since I was afraid of missing something exciting in the workplace. Once I started working a day a week at home, though, I couldn’t get enough!
You can log in to the work network, access your files, read and answer emails, and perform work just like you were sitting at your desk. It’s amazing.
Here are the top 10 reasons to love teleworking:
1. Get to wear jammies and bunny slippers, or a sweatshirt and sweat pants. Total comfort.
2. No need to fix your hair or put on makeup.
3. Peace and quiet. No interruptions.
4. Great if you have a service person coming and need to be home to let him/her in.
5. Allows you to throw in a load of laundry on a break or rake the yard at lunchtime. The ultimate multi-tasking.
6. Lets you set up your laptop someplace with a comfy chair and a great view. Even outside.
7. Increases flexibility. Pick the hours you work. Noon to nine? As long as you get in the required number, you’re set.
8. Increases productivity.
9. Saves money on gas, tolls, lunch and snacks — and reduces wear and tear on your car.
10. Reduces stress and restores balance.
And last, but not least, teleworking is a morale booster. It’s something work-related to look forward to — and it makes you feel better about your job.
What do you like about teleworking?
*** Other work-related posts:
Weird Excuses for Being Late To and From Work
Playing with Dolls at Work: A Wacky Workplace Morale Booster
Returning to Work after Vacation to an Empty Mailbox
Please Don’t Hug or Kiss Me at Work: Sexual Harassment
I used to work at home too…love it! I also liked going in so I would do that two days a week. It rocks for sure!
Carolann recently posted…Celebrate Summer in Style with Always For Me
I like it but maybe too much. I have a hard time keeping myself on a schedule.
Lauren recently posted…Acu-Life Dri-Eze Hearing Aid Dehumidifier Review #DriEze
Pingback: Weird Excuses for Being Late to and from WorkThoughts, Tips and Tales
This is an excellent article about teleworking.Nice work! Thanks so much for sharing this article. Teleworking allows people to continue to work without disruption to their personal lives, in the event of company restructuring and reorganization. This means that employees may still work in dispersed teams that may be assembled and reassembled depending on the changing needs of the company. This, therefore, minimizes the need for travel as the teams which represent the best skills and experience for a particular project may be created, regardless of geography and time zones.Thank you so much once again.Keep sharing.