December’s one of the most fun months — family visits, Christmas activities and more.
- A nice Christmas with my son and daughter-in-law and my parents.
- Seven days off work.
- Balmy weather during the entire Christmas week — 81 degrees one day, upper 70s the others.
- Finally got a settlement for luggage lost on my Aug. 1 plane trip!
- Took a bus trip to see Night of a Thousand Candles at Brookgreen Gardens, outside of Myrtle Beach. It was beautiful!
- Was one of the judges for the “Outrageous Sweater” contest at the work holiday party; there sure were some wild ones this year!
- Went Christmas shopping in historic downtown Charleston; even though I’ve lived here for 29 years, it’s still fun to walk around there — especially at Christmas time.
- Made edible fruit gifts — fun, and they taste good, too (you can see a blog post coming on that one, can’t you?)
- Took an “Elf on the Shelf” knockoff to work and we played around with it for a few days. It’s hard to do it at home without someone else in on it!
- My sister and brother-in-law didn’t get to come for Christmas this year. 🙁 But we recorded individual videos and emailed it to them, along with a bunch of photos, so it’d be like they were here!