Fitbits are so helpful in providing motivation to be more active!
I’ve been using one for more than two years now and discovered some interesting Fitbit facts you may not know.
- If you push a grocery cart or walk on a treadmill and hold the bar, the Fitbit won’t count all of your steps. Your hand needs to be across the front of your body or hanging loose at your side for an accurate step count. Ditto with pushing a stroller or using an elliptical trainer.
- A workaround is to put the Fitbit in your pocket or tie it to your shoe laces. Be sure to write yourself a note to take it out of your pocket before washing clothes, though!
- You can buy attractive Fitbit covers (known as Fitbling) on Etsy for models that don’t have changeable bands. The covers make the device look more like dazzling jewelry and less like…well…a pedometer strapped to your arm.
- Instead of pressing the buttons on the sides of the Fitbit to see the time, you can just tap the face. (Discovered this just recently!)
- Fitbits really rack up the steps during a Zumba class (about 6,000 per hour for the class I attend) but they don’t count weight-lifting reps in a BodyPump class. You’ll need to manually add exercise like that (that doesn’t involve many steps) to the Fitbit dashboard to count it.
- The Fitbit band will eventually come apart near the face– and if you have a model that came out before the Charge HR, it’ll fall off your wrist. Often. However, you can buy an inexpensive rubber band-like device that works well to keep it on!
- Because of the components it contains, worn or broken Fitbits must be disposed of with electronics, not in regular trash.
Can you add more to this list?
Related blog posts:
- How to Find a Lost Fitbit and Get a Free Fitbit Replacement
- 7 Things You May Not Know about Fitbit
- Fitbling: A Fun Fitbit Accessory
- Alexa’s Cool New Feature: Get Fitbit Stats on Amazon Echo
- Fitness Fun with FitBit
- Fitbit Fun: 22 Months Later
- Fitbit Fun — 10 Months Later
- Fitbit Charge Review (New Product to Replace Fitbit Force)
- Don’t Lose Your Fitbit: A Fabulous Fitbit Accessory to Keep the Clasp from Opening
- Do-it-Yourself Cooling Towels for Summer’s Hottest Days
- Polga (Yoga and Pole Dancing) Awesomeness
- Exotic Chair Dancing: Not Your Grandma’s Exercise Routine
- Aerial Adventure Park: A Unique and Exciting Fitness Experience
- Dragon Boating: A Unique and Fun Team Sport
- Aerial Yoga: A Fun and Uplifting Experience
- Nothing Makes You Feel Better than a BODYPUMP Workout
- Ping Pong: Not Ready for the Olympics
- How to Add a Low-Cost Reading Rack to Your Treadmill to Make Walking More Fun
- Sports and Hobbies: How Many Can You Squeeze into a Lifetime? 79 So Far…
- Zumba is Exhilarating
- Stand up Computer Desks: Take a Load Off your Seat
- Take a Load Off Your Seat #2: Adjustable Stand-up and DIY Cycling Desks
- Confessions of an Adult Learning to Swim
- Stand-up Paddleboarding: Testing the Water
- Regal Princess Review: Top 20 Amenities (includes Zumba)