- Went on a solo 10-night Mediterranean cruise! It was wonderful! Just love the houses in Italy stacked on the mountainsides, and my favorite place was the island of Capri (pictured below).
- Still had the “vacation glow” a week after going back to work — that’s a record!
- My parents came to visit and — although it rained the whole Memorial Day weekend due to Tropical Storm Bonnie — we took a ride to visit the charming little town of McClellanville, S.C. and sat by the creek watching shrimp boats between rainstorms. Very relaxing.
- Started Weight Watchers (we’ll call that a high for good intentions, although I felt pretty low the first few days when I could’ve eaten the paint off the walls; it’s getting much better now). These chocolate pretzel things are lifesavers!
- Had a fun dinner with “the girls” from work — and had to laugh when it ended with two of us pulling out our phones to look up the names of the 7 dwarfs, which we’d been discussing and nobody could name (sophisticated stuff!)
- Got a hug from an unexpected, weird source (my friends agree that I’m a weirdo magnet!) Details to follow in a blog post coming soon.
Here’s to a great month of June!