Everyone loves to discover tricks and tips that make life easier. Here are the 10 best life hacks of 2016:
- To water a live Christmas tree without lying on the floor and crawling through the branches to pour into the tree stand, simply take the cardboard core from an empty wrapping paper roll, insert one end in the tree stand. Stand next to the tree and use a cup or a pouring device with a spout to slowly pour water into the other end of the tube. Presto! You’ve added water to the tree stand in a snap — no stooping or crawling required.
- To avoid fruit flies on bananas, just use dishwasher detergent to lightly wash the peels when you get home from the store. My bananas always attracted fruit flies before doing this (where do they come from?) but once I started this 30-second fix, have never seen another one.
- To clean a grungy bath tub and make it sparkle using cleaning vinegar — and one other common household item, do this.
- To find a missing Fitbit, try these tips. If all else fails and you’re within the one-year warranty period, request a new one.
- To get a quick ride somewhere at a reasonable price, call Uber. It’s so easy to use!
- To make a safe Craigslist sales transaction, go to this designated “safe spot.”
- To get extremely inexpensive photo reprints with free shipping (if you’re an Amazon Prime member), upload photos and order them from Amazon Prints. I do and love it! Delivery is quick and photo quality is high.
- To search for a specific image on Google, follow these steps to see if the image you have is posted anywhere else online (great for online dating).
- To collect appointment cards and notes for the following year in a spot you’ll be sure to remember, add a DIY pocket to the back of a wall calendar and place the reminders there. Transfer info to the new calendar when the new year begins. It works like a charm!
- Making a fruit bouquet is nowhere near as hard as I thought it would be. And it tastes great!
Looking forward to finding new hacks for 2017!
Related blog posts: