1) Had the best massage of my life. OMG.
2) Went to a fun and relaxing weekend scrapbook retreat, right in town — and made 46 scrapbook pages!
3) Went to Myrtle Beach and got an oceanfront room for a night of relaxation to celebrate having Columbus Day off work. (See the boardwalk in front of the hotel in the photo above.)
4) Had a great time planning and running wacky fundraising events at work. We did a ping pong ball toss from the 2nd floor balcony into a cup in a bucket in a kiddie pool (140 people participated!), a golf chipping contest, a paper airplane accuracy contest, a “toss-a-football-through-a-tire” contest, a paper airplane distance contest, a 2-day used book sale (BIG success), a basketball free throw contest and open play ping pong daily. Planning a few more events for November, too. (See my messy cubicle and some of the many “supplies” we used for the wacky events — kiddie pool, golf clubs, etc. — outside it.)
5) Booked a Caribbean cruise for December to recover from running the fundraising events.
6) Started Christmas shopping. I love this season!
6) My coworkers and I escaped getting poison ivy during the outdoor football toss event above — but we were all kind of scared there for a while.
7) Spent a beautiful fall afternoon on the beach at Wild Dunes Resort on Isle of Palms, S.C. (see photo above)
8) Enjoyed my book club discussion of “1,000 White Women.”
9) Loved the fabulous fall weather.
Not so good
1) Have been sort of worn out and stressed with the higher-than-usual level of activity at work – and staying late every Friday to do my “real” work. Slept 13 hours Saturday night. But if that’s the worst thing I can think of that happened this month, it was a pretty good one!!