Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- See Unlimited Movies at the Theater for $10 a Month with Movie Pass
- 29 Unique and Interesting Library Activities: Way More than Books
- How to Use Uber Without a Smart Phone and Use Uber with Vision Loss and Other Disabilities
- Eyebrow Threading Experience: Give It a Try
- A Beautiful Adventure at Bulls Island, SC
Most Popular Posts
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- 25 Adult Advent Calendar Gift Ideas
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Celebrity Equinox Review: 14 Cool Features
- Three Good Things -- a New Twist on a Gratitude Journal
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- What to Pack When You Evacuate
- 10 Best Life Hacks of 2016
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: miscellaneous
Saw this on a plaque recently and thought it was very funny — in a dark way… And this message on a greeting card was good, too.
Picking a guiding focus word (one word or one little word) for the year is pretty popular right now — and it’s a great way to hone in on a particular personal goal. To get ideas for your “one word” … Continue reading
In the latest issue of “O” magazine, the editors asked readers to write and describe the clothing item that’s totally “you” — which got me thinking, because it’s an intriguing question… I’ve always loved clothes, and have had a lot … Continue reading
I’m definitely into blogging, which is a good thing because I’m a writer who works in public relations and manages the communications blog for a large, international company during the day (a corporate blogger) – and am also a lifestyle … Continue reading
The days and weeks after a divorce, separation or breakup with a long-time lover can be filled with sadness.
Hurricane #2 — Living 4 Miles Inland for a Category 1 Hurricane vs. Living on a Barrier Island for a Category 4 Hurricane
During my 30 years living in Charleston, South Carolina (ranked the #1 travel destination in the world!), I evacuated for a hurricane that made landfall 20 miles up the coast from my house twice. Though both occurrences were nerve-wracking, the … Continue reading
If I had to pick a favorite month, it would be October.
Online dating for women over 50 is, unfortunately, a mine field because scam artists abound.
A man named Alexander Forouzesh recently brought a lawsuit against Starbucks because the baristas there filled his iced coffee cup half full of ice, essentially giving him only half a cup of cold coffee.
Every time I write a blog post about embarrassing mistakes I’ve made, I think I’ve captured them all. But no, somehow there are always more…