Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Workplace Solution: A Foolproof Way to Remember CAC or ID Badge
- Brrrr: How To Stay Warm at Work in the Winter
- Bid on Room Upgrades on Norwegian Cruise Line; You Might Win Big
- 20 Things I Learned in My First Month of Caring for Elderly Parents
- Watch What You Ask For: Sleeping Overnight in an Airport is NOT Glamorous or Fun
Most Popular Posts
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Compliment Event Fundraiser: Make Money and Boost Morale
- Celebrity Equinox Review: 14 Cool Features
- 9 MORE Super Fun Fundraising Ideas to Raise Big Bucks
- Regal Princess Review: Top 20 Amenities
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- 12 Reasons Cruises are Better than Land Vacations
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: miscellaneous
Saw this on a plaque recently and thought it was very funny — in a dark way… And this message on a greeting card was good, too.
Picking a guiding focus word (one word or one little word) for the year is pretty popular right now — and it’s a great way to hone in on a particular personal goal. To get ideas for your “one word” … Continue reading
In the latest issue of “O” magazine, the editors asked readers to write and describe the clothing item that’s totally “you” — which got me thinking, because it’s an intriguing question… I’ve always loved clothes, and have had a lot … Continue reading
I’m definitely into blogging, which is a good thing because I’m a writer who works in public relations and manages the communications blog for a large, international company during the day (a corporate blogger) – and am also a lifestyle … Continue reading
The days and weeks after a divorce, separation or breakup with a long-time lover can be filled with sadness.
Hurricane #2 — Living 4 Miles Inland for a Category 1 Hurricane vs. Living on a Barrier Island for a Category 4 Hurricane
During my 30 years living in Charleston, South Carolina (ranked the #1 travel destination in the world!), I evacuated for a hurricane that made landfall 20 miles up the coast from my house twice. Though both occurrences were nerve-wracking, the … Continue reading
If I had to pick a favorite month, it would be October.
Online dating for women over 50 is, unfortunately, a mine field because scam artists abound.
A man named Alexander Forouzesh recently brought a lawsuit against Starbucks because the baristas there filled his iced coffee cup half full of ice, essentially giving him only half a cup of cold coffee.
Every time I write a blog post about embarrassing mistakes I’ve made, I think I’ve captured them all. But no, somehow there are always more…