Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- An Adventure: Hurricane Evacuation with Elderly Parents
- 15 Ways to Find Good Books to Read
- First Acupuncture Experience: It Didn’t Hurt
- Buy Unassembled Furniture and Pay Someone to Assemble the Furniture via Handy.com
- Major Elder Care Challenge: Accompanying Hearing-Impaired Parents to Medical Appointments
Most Popular Posts
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- 25 Adult Advent Calendar Gift Ideas
- Bid on Room Upgrades on Norwegian Cruise Line; You Might Win Big
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- 16 Helpful Tips for a Broken Leg, Broken Foot or Broken Ankle
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Compliment Event Fundraiser: Make Money and Boost Morale
- 22 More Adult Advent Calendar Gift Ideas
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: books
The Know-It-All was so good! It’s the quirky-but-true story of A.J. Jacobs, a 35ish New York City magazine editor who undertakes a one-year odyssey to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica so he can become the “smartest person in the world.”
Did you know James Patterson holds the Guinness World Record for the most #1 New York Times bestsellers? If you’re a diehard James Patterson fan, like I am, you may be interested in — and surprised by — the format … Continue reading
When you discover a writer you love who produces a great book series (22 so far), it makes reading 54 books in a year easy to do!
Spring is finally here! Highs 1) Made a reservation for a cruise to Venice and the Greek Islands this summer with a fun friend. Can’t wait — we’ll have a blast!
One for the Money by Janet Evanovich is fast-moving, exciting, suspenseful — and laugh-out-loud funny, too.
My book club picked The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho for this month’s discussion because several people had seen articles saying that it was a book everyone should read. I’d never heard of it before — and neither did most of … Continue reading
*This post contains an affiliate link to Amazon.com, which means that if you click on the product link and buy a product, I will receive compensation.” ———– If you enjoy mysteries and human interest stories written in a conversational style, … Continue reading
**This is not a sponsored blog post; I just really like this book! M, one of my best friends, wrote a fabulous walking tour book of historic Charleston, S.C. called Charleston from a Kid’s-Eye View: The interactive walking tour book … Continue reading