When I think about it, things have been going pretty well lately.
Here are 10 good things that happened in the last 10 days.1) Got to leave work an hour early on Friday, missing a big storm and extending my relaxing evening.
2) Two people wrote me an email at work one day and said I was “awesome.” Always nice to hear that.
3) My ENT doctor actually had a nurse call me at home to see how I was feeling. (Keep getting sinus infections after sinus surgery last year.) That has never happened before and I was kind of touched.
4) BlogHer featured one of my posts (How to Move Without Breaking a Sweat) and I didn’t even know about it til I went to post another one there. Always a treat!
5) Got a really cute necklace at Kohl’s on sale, then 30 percent off that. Gotta love Kohl’s.
6) Lost about 10 lbs. in my first 8 weeks on Weight Watchers. (Also gotta love Weight Watchers.)
7) As a result, at my recent physical my “bad” blood levels went down into the “pretty good” range. My doctor seemed pleased and so was I.
8) My son in grad school called the other day and we had a nice long conversation. He got a part-time job this fall teaching in his field at a community college near the university (while he keeps working on his Ph.D.), which is great. (When I was in my 20s I worked with a wonderful woman who had teen-aged and older kids, and whenever I asked her what was new, she launched into stories about them. Now I completely get it. When they’re happy, you’re happy.)
9) Went to my parents’ house to celebrate my dad’s 91st birthday with him, my mom, my sister and brother-in-law. What a blessing! Love ya, dad.
10) My sister said she showed a picture of us to someone and the person said (about me), “Who’s that? She’s cute!” Great to get a compliment on how you look now and then.
Hope things are looking good for you, too!
Related blog posts: