January was unique this year! I celebrated Christmas and entered the 21st century. Here’s a recap.
1) My family celebrated Christmas at my house starting Jan. 1 for a week. We’d never done Christmas in January before, but it’s the only way we could coordinate everyone’s schedules! Opened presents Jan. 2 and it seemed just like Dec. 25. This year’s Christmas was especially nice, too.
2) Didn’t go back to work til Jan. 6.
3) Went on a local scrapbooking weekend with fun friends from work. Had a good time and got 33 pages done!
4) Stayed out of stores and away from shopping, intentionally, and thought my money was really stretching unusually well through the super-long month until … see #2 below.
6) Took my sister to Zumba class, and when she went home she found a class nearby– and now she’s hooked, too!
7) FINALLY got an iPhone — moved way up from having a (barely used) TracFone after all these years. It’s so much fun!!!
8) Had a laugh-filled “lunch with the girls” in downtown Charleston, then had a fabulous hour-and-a-half massage afterwards.
9) Finally got an “invitation” from Amazon to buy an Echo.
10) A couple of my blog posts were featured on other sites and the blog got a lot more hits than usual this month.
11) The sun is still out now all the way home from work. Yay! That’s a picker-upper.
12) My mom always leaves me a nice note after she visits. This time after Christmas she wrote it on a little whiteboard; still have it displayed in my kitchen and it makes me smile every time I see it.
1) Got a killer sinus infection and still have it. That’s one of the “joys” of living in the garden spot of the earth…
2) When my checkbook wouldn’t balance after all the holiday shopping, re-did the addition/subtraction on a calculator and realized I’d made a $200 mistake. (So much for subtracting things on paper or in my head to keep the brain cells sharp…)
3) Locked myself out of my work room (and the entire building) three times in one day, by forgetting to take my swipe access card out of the computer. The security guard just said, “Again?” when I had to bang on the door to get in. Must’ve been distracted thinking about the new iPhone??
4) We’re having a Weight Loss Team Contest at work and I volunteered to coordinate it in my geographic area (thought it’d be fun to see what everyone weighs!). Unfortunately, I was having a “thinner” day when we weighed in and now I have the distinction of being the person who’s gained the most weight so far.
But… it’s February now and after this nice short month, spring will be here!