Once again, my “one word” for the new year is actually two words… and I’m a little late finding exactly the right thing. But that’s OK!While searching the Web for ideas for a vision board class I took (have never done one and it sounded a little “out there”), the words just hit me and I knew that was it.
I like to think of life as an adventure or adventures waiting to happen, so it seemed just right.
And it’s true that not-so-pleasant things can also be an adventure if you think about them wryly in a semi-positive way.
So either way, if what happens is good it can be an adventure, and if what happens is not so good, it’s also an adventure.
Am anxious to see what 2019 holds in store — adventure-wise.
The first week started off well.
- Attended a Polar Plunge at the nearby beach (as an observer) for the first time — and was it ever fun! Hundreds of people dressed up in wild and wacky costumes and then ran into the ocean. Am trying to talk my friend into doing it with me next year.
- Got an unexpected windfall at work that paid for my evacuation hotel expenses during Hurricane Florence last year (and it’ll go into my vacation account for a real vacation!).
- Work last week was quiet and undemanding; something that hasn’t happened since before October of last year when things went crazy. Loved it!
- Attended a vision board class (mentioned above) and it was kind of interesting. Again, it was something brand new.
In the spirit of adventure, I’m looking forward to what happens this year. 🙂
Related blog posts:
- My One Word for 2018, Paired with Three Related Words
- My One Word for 2017
- How to Find the Perfect One Word for 2017
- My 2016 Word of the Year — and 247 Ideas for Yours
- My One Word for 2015 is Actually Two Words
- The Incredible Power of Words
- 2016 Life Goals
- 2015 Life Goals — Not Resolutions
- Mixed 2015 Life Goal Results: Some Wins, Some Dismal Failures
- Simple Life Goal
- 15 Bucket List / Lifetime Goals Accomplished So Far: The Dream Versus the Reality
- World Kindness Day and Random Acts of Kindness I’ve Received in the Past Month
- Kindness Counts: Make the World a Better Place
- Nicest Things People have Ever Done for Me
- Valuable Life Lessons My Parents Taught Me
- I Am the Woman I Am Today Because My Mother…
- A Tribute to Amazing Women, Fabulous Females in My Life
- Brave Women Go Places Alone
- Create a Happiness Jar — And Enrich Your Life in Less Than a Minute a Day
- Three Good Things — A New Twist on a Gratitude Journal
- Victory Log — List Today’s Accomplishments, Gain Satisfaction
- Ten Reasons to Keep a Sentence-a-Day Five Year Journal
- Feel-Good Way to Start 2015: List 200 Accomplishments