Life goes fast (and, I swear, it speeds up as you get older) and sometime we forget to stop and enjoy the good moments when they occur.
So… my one word for 2017 is Savor (synonyms: to appreciate fully, enjoy immensely, relish, cherish, revel in, celebrate, delight in, treasure). I want to consciously stop and enjoy the good moments in life instead of thinking ahead about the next thing.
There were so many savor-able moments in 2016:
- Laughs with friends
- Enjoying nature
- Visiting with family
- Being “in the flow” at work
and, of course,
- Finding bargains while shopping!
Am hoping for more this year — with the promise to hold on to them and fully appreciate them as long as possible.
And I’m going to take some photos and post them on Instagram under #IntheMoment2017, too — as suggested in the January 2017 “All In” issue of Skirt Magazine, page 47!
What’s your theme for 2017 ?
Related blog posts:
- My One Word for 2019
- My One Word for 2018, Paired with Three Related Words
- My One Word for 2017
- How to Find the Perfect One Word for 2017
- My 2016 Word of the Year — and 247 Ideas for Yours
- My One Word for 2015 is Actually Two Words
- The Incredible Power of Words
- 2016 Life Goals
- 2015 Life Goals — Not Resolutions
- Mixed 2015 Life Goal Results: Some Wins, Some Dismal Failures
- Simple Life Goal
- 15 Bucket List / Lifetime Goals Accomplished So Far: The Dream Versus the Reality