Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Most Popular Posts
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Norwegian Cruise Line: Pros and Cons
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Bid on Room Upgrades on Norwegian Cruise Line; You Might Win Big
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- 16 Helpful Tips for a Broken Leg, Broken Foot or Broken Ankle
- 20 Things I Learned in My First Month of Caring for Elderly Parents
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- Do-it-Yourself Cooling Towels for Summer's Hottest Days
- Three Good Things -- a New Twist on a Gratitude Journal
Instagram SliderNo images found!
Try some other hashtag or username
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Tag Archives: friends
Nobody ever told me that once you pass 50, a lot of your best friends get super-busy and it’s almost impossible to get together.
Isn’t it amazing sometimes how people you know show up in the strangest places? Here are some examples: 1) Years ago, we got a new minister at church; he seemed to have a great sense of humor and he introduced … Continue reading
Wasn’t it Glinda the Good Witch in The Wizard of Oz who said, “Dorothy, use your power for good, not evil?” Blogs have power, and they’re the ideal place to inspire readers and lift them up. Blogs give you an … Continue reading
I got the most unexpected and sweet email message last night from R, a childhood friend. Some background: R and her family lived in a house across the alley from my family’s house all the years I did, from the … Continue reading
Millions of people love to read – and, for the most part, it’s a solitary activity. Reading is relaxing, it’s educational and you can do it almost anywhere (even while exercising on a treadmill — see my previous blog post). … Continue reading
I’ve done more laughing in the past 2 1/2 days that I have in the whole last year. My best old friend (we met 24 years ago) drove from Virginia and has been visiting for three days. She just rode … Continue reading
I’ve always been a big birthday person and love to celebrate birthdays of coworkers, friends and family, as well as my own. And I’m also really into chocolate. So one year when my son was about eight, I went to … Continue reading