Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Most Popular Posts
- Do-it-Yourself Cooling Towels for Summer's Hottest Days
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- 16 Helpful Tips for a Broken Leg, Broken Foot or Broken Ankle
- Making New Friends as an Empty Nester Can Be Awkward
- Norwegian Cruise Line: Pros and Cons
- Decluttering Continued: An Inexpensive Way to Organize Outdoor Flags
- Brrrr: How To Stay Warm at Work in the Winter
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Tag Archives: family
Happy holidays to everyone!
I was formerly a corporate trainer and once led a group event at work using the following theme as an icebreaker: Tell us how you got your name. We went around the room and nearly everyone had an entertaining tale … Continue reading
When I was in my early 20s and at my first real job, I wanted to buy a Christmas gift for my boss. She was a classy, conservative older woman.
In my family, we rip or clip newspaper or magazine articles of potential interest and mail them to each other to show we’re thinking of the other person and that we care. My mom and dad have been sending me … Continue reading
Significant others come and go throughout life, occasionally creating a problem with special event photos that include them. You want to display the cherished photo, but you don’t want to gaze at the face of the ex who broke your … Continue reading
Wasn’t it Glinda the Good Witch in The Wizard of Oz who said, “Dorothy, use your power for good, not evil?” Blogs have power, and they’re the ideal place to inspire readers and lift them up. Blogs give you an … Continue reading
About 15 years ago, my sister, J, a single, professional woman in her 30s, lived in a lovely, gated condo community in Florida. One evening she was home alone and heard voices outside her front door. She walked up to … Continue reading
When I was about 8 years old and my sister was about 5, we went to a children’s running (race) event in my small town at the ball fields behind the community center. It was the first time we’d ever … Continue reading