Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Most Popular Posts
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- 20 Things I Learned in My First Month of Caring for Elderly Parents
- Do-it-Yourself Cooling Towels for Summer's Hottest Days
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- Decluttering Continued: An Inexpensive Way to Organize Outdoor Flags
- Sinus Surgery: What to Expect
- 7 Things You May Not Know about Fitbit
- Norwegian Cruise Line: Pros and Cons
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: advice
After years of soul-sucking jobs when I was newly divorced (after being an at-home mom for four years) and my son was young, I was hired by a defense contractor as a writer for a government agency. The salary wasn’t … Continue reading
I’m a writer at a large organization, and create high-visibility documents distributed to thousands of people around the world on a variety of subjects — many of which I know nothing about, starting out. The former chief of staff at … Continue reading
I’m blessed to have wonderful parents who are sharp, active and involved in life. As octogenarians (and all the years before that), they’ve been truly inspirational! The lessons my parents taught me through words and actions were right on the mark … Continue reading
When I was in my early 20s and at my first real job, I wanted to buy a Christmas gift for my boss. She was a classy, conservative older woman.
A while back, I wrote a blog post about stand-up computer desks and how using one could help improve your health, since many people sit way too much. I’ve used a stand-up computer setup at home for several years. Recently, … Continue reading
It’s true, isn’t it?