I’ve tried yoga time and time again, and although I know it’s good for you and has health benefits, performing the poses in typical yoga classes just doesn’t grab me.
Can’t get excited about it because it’s just toooooo slooowwww and there’s not enough action.
I’ve discovered that the solution is yoga with a twist! Unique, funky yoga classes I’ve tried and enjoyed include:
Aerial yoga uses light-weight hanging strands of fabric hanging from the ceiling as a support.
And stand-up paddleboard yoga involves doing poses on a board out on the water and in the fresh air.
Discovered that if you add a somewhat edgy — or non-mainstream — element to traditional yoga, it becomes a much more interesting experience! And the more “out there” a yoga class is, the more fun it is!
What about you? Have you tried variations on traditional yoga? Do you enjoy unique yoga classes?
To read posts about my other athletic activities, see:
- Exotic Chair Dancing: Not Your Grandma’s Exercise Routine
- Dragon Boating: A Unique and Fun Team Sport
- Aerial Yoga: A Fun and Uplifting Experience
- Ping Pong: Not Ready for the Olympics
- How to Add a Low-Cost Reading Rack to Your Treadmill to Make Walking More Fun
- Sports and Hobbies: How Many Can You Squeeze into a Lifetime? 79 So Far…
- Zumba is Exhilarating
- Stand up Computer Desks: Take a Load Off your Seat
- Take a Load Off Your Seat #2: Adjustable Stand-up and DIY Cycling Desks
- Confessions of an Adult Learning to Swim
- Nothing Makes You Feel Better than a BODY PUMP Workout
- How to Add a Reading Rack to a Treadmill
- Fitness Fun with FitBit
- Fitbit Fun — 10 Months Later
- Don’t Lose Your Fitbit! A Fabulous Fitbit Accessory to Keep the Clasp from Opening
- Fitbit Charge Review (New Product to Replace Fitbit Force)
- Stand-up Paddleboarding: Testing the Water
- Do-it-Yourself Cooling Towels for Summer’s Hottest Days
- Regal Princess Review: Top 20 Amenities
Subscribe to Blog via Email