Here’s a recap of the good, bad and ugly things that’ve happened in my life during July:
1) My son, his wife and their adorable dog (isn’t he the cutest puppy ever?) came to visit for a nice, long weekend. They moved out of town a year ago and I only get to see them a few times a year. (Am just starting to get over it!)
2) I heard from a childhood friend and she said she reads my blog posts to her 96-year old mother every night.
3) One of the blog posts I submitted to BlogHer (a large, well-known women’s blogging site) was chosen (for the second time in 50 days) as a Featured Writer selection on the site and displayed prominently on the home page for about a week.
4) Got 709 “reads” on the first BlogHer Featured Writer post and 337 on the second post, so far.
5) My boss told me he’s submitting me for an award (with a cash bonus!) for my work managing the corporate blog (got one several years ago for it, also).
6) Got 8+ paid days off work for surgery recuperation, which was very relaxing. Typing one-handed was not much fun, though.
7) Went to my friend’s daughter’s wedding. I’ve known her since she was four, and she was a gorgeous bride.
NOT SO GOOD
1) Had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand (everything went well and I got the stitches out the other day).
2) My swimming lessons are over and I realized I need not 6 lessons, but 106, to learn to swim!
3) Had to call AAA twice in one week! (They towed my car to the garage once and retrieved keys locked in the truck the second time…)
How was your July?
A list of my July blog posts follows:
Weird Excuses for Being Late to and from Work
Scaling Blogging Back a Little
Unforgettable for All the Wrong Reasons
The Great Adventure: Writing My First Book
The Best Jeans Ever — I LOVE Not Your Daughter’s Jeans
The Only Recipe You’ll Ever See Here
Dilemma: Old Flames in Family Photos
Bad Boss Story #1: Mr. Charming
Hilarious Online Dating Website Photos and Messages
Paper Bag Speed Dating — Would You Do It?
Bloggers: Use Your Power for Good
15 Bucket List/Lifetime Goals Achieved So Far: The Dream vs. the Reality
Cherished Childhood Friends Provide a Reason to Keep Blogging
Something to Think About for Monday
Twenty of the Best Bargains of my Life
Online Dating Horror Story #4: A Deli Emergency
Online Dating Horror Story #3: Thunder and Lightning
Do-it-Yourself Cooling Towels for Summer’s Hottest Days
Online Dating Horror Story #2: Way Too Hairy
Pingback: How to Find Ideas for Blog Posts - Thoughts, Tips and TalesThoughts, Tips and Tales