Thoughts, Tips and TalesI started a personal blog to share my thoughts and bring a lift to other people. Reading a "lifestyle" blog can be like enjoying a letter from a friend or indulging in a good conversation. It connects you with another human being who has the same types of joys, doubts, thoughts, questions and problems as you do. I hope that reading my blog will brighten your day!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- An Adventure: Hurricane Evacuation with Elderly Parents
- 15 Ways to Find Good Books to Read
- First Acupuncture Experience: It Didn’t Hurt
- Buy Unassembled Furniture and Pay Someone to Assemble the Furniture via Handy.com
- Major Elder Care Challenge: Accompanying Hearing-Impaired Parents to Medical Appointments
Most Popular Posts
- Sixteen Super Fun Fundraising Ideas
- 25 Adult Advent Calendar Gift Ideas
- Bid on Room Upgrades on Norwegian Cruise Line; You Might Win Big
- Things NOT to Sell at a Yard Sale
- 90th Birthday Party Gift and Decoration Ideas
- Bored with Life? The Ultimate Boredom Buster Guide will Energize You
- 16 Helpful Tips for a Broken Leg, Broken Foot or Broken Ankle
- Super Easy Way to Clean a Grungy Tub and Make it Sparkle
- Compliment Event Fundraiser: Make Money and Boost Morale
- 22 More Adult Advent Calendar Gift Ideas
Free 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial
Category Archives: weird stories
Whenever I travel with Merry Ellen, we have weird experiences (“adventures” as we like to call them).
They say traveling is an adventure, and that’s definitely true. These weird solo travel experiences occurred on a recent cruise to the Mediterranean.
I went shopping recently and saw the wackiest thing!
I rarely watch TV, but Breaking Bad was the best TV series I’ve ever seen in my life. The story about Walter White, a high school chemistry teacher who turns into a meth dealer, had me spellbound. I especially enjoyed … Continue reading
Thrift stores have some fantastic buys, ya can’t deny that. But they also have some weird stuff.
I once met a man from an online dating site for a Coke at a local restaurant. His profile said he was an engineer — and I envisioned a well-educated professional. Since I was married to, and normally date, blue-collar … Continue reading
Years ago, I met a man from an online dating site at a fast-food restaurant for a Coke. It turned out to be me listening to an hour-and-a-half monologue. (That happens a lot and I’m too mannerly — or dumb … Continue reading
One of my most memorable – and bizarre – online dating stories was also one of my first attempts to meet a nice man after my divorce. I met J for lunch one day and we had a very nice … Continue reading
Follow-up to Why I Love Weird News Stories: How Weird News Teaches us Great Storytelling | The Red Pen of Doom
A while back, I wrote a post about my love affair with weird news stories and the strange things people do. Right after that, I read the hilarious blog post below explaining why people love weird stories. It’s right on … Continue reading
One of my joys in life is reading and hearing true stories about strange things people do. These aren’t the everyday accounts about people who makes the news for winning a flapjack-eating contest or committing a minor crime. I love the … Continue reading